Blessed be, all! It’s the last Thursday of the month, so it’s time to look in on our goals and see how we did.
- Writing: Notes for Noble Virtues- Done! I managed to finish the whole thing, even left a few extra days of padding so that I could start to shift my attention back to my fantasy romance. And that’s despite realizing that the last third of the book is going to need major rewrites. As a bonus, I read and betaed a short story for a member of my writing circle without throwing myself off pace. If I may pat myself on the back, here, very proud!
- Reading: Finish the Rai-Kirah trilogy by Carol Berg- Done! All in all, I really enjoyed this series, a pretty solid 4.5/5 for me. Be sure to check out my review of the series here for a more in-depth discussion of it.
- Bonus Goal: Work Every Day- Did it! There were a few days that I thought I was going to take a skip day, but I actually didn’t. I’m back in the race!
Now, looking forward to April. April is this year’s spring iteration of Camp NaNoWriMo, so I’m going to be tailoring my goals a bit to reflect that.
- Writing: Second Draft of Kheras- My goal for Camp this year is to get 50k words into the revamp of my fantasy romance. That sounds like a lot, but it actually isn’t. I’m only expecting to generate about ten to fifteen thousand words in terms of brand-new content. The rest of the work will be in refitting the existing scenes and making sure that the big-picture fixes are being put into place. I have a slight advantage, also, in that Kheras was a pretty smooth first draft, so there’s not a whole lot in the way of heavy surgery that I need to do with it. (Well. As of right now. Obviously, that can change. No, I’m still not forgiving my vampire history.)
- Reading: Swift for the Sun by Karen Bovenmeyer- Karen’s book came out a few days ago, and I’ve been trying to resist cracking the cover on it until April. I gave in and read the first chapter last night and, being honest, will probably read a little more tonight. Trying to save most of it for next month, though! Be sure to check out Karen’s book here!
- Bonus Goal: Work Every Day- Doing well so far, but I still have a long way to go. I’m aiming for a year unbroken!