Blessed be, all! It’s hard to believe May is right around the corner; it feels like this year just started. There are big things still to come, though, so let’s check how we did in April and make a plan for next month!
- Writing: Second Draft of Kheras- It’s a good thing I decided to go by the Camp NaNo measurements, or this would have been a flop and a half. I will definitely be meeting my goal of 75 hours put in this month, but I fell way short of fifty thousand words. It turned out that there was a lot more new material to construct for the beginning than I’d planned. I’m proud of everything I’ve done, though!
- Reading: Swift for the Sun by Karen Bovenmeyer- Done! I finished this one quite early in the month and am currently working on a review for it, which should be up next week. Be sure to check out Karen’s book here!
- Bonus Goal: Work Every Day- I did hit pretty major burnout and skipped a day this month so I could deal with other adulting things. I can’t bring myself to be too terribly upset about the missed day, though; it was an intentional choice on my part to prioritize other things for that evening.
So looking forward to May, what’s on the schedule?
- Writing: Second Draft of Kheras- Continuing from this month, I intend to keep working on the edits for my fantasy romance. I’ll probably hit a speedbump when it gets to Mother’s Day (another busy season at the day job), but I’m hoping to get a significant amount of progress made on it.
- Reading: The Masked Empire by Patrick Weekes- This one came recommended by a friend who enjoys the Dragon Age games. I don’t play them personally, since I lack the manual dexterity for most video games, but so far it’s pretty promising!
- Bonus Goal: Work Every Day- Since this is going to be another busy season for me, I’m not going to be incredibly upset if I have to take a few personal days. But I’m going to do my best not to, as well.