Blessed be, all! As you may have noticed, it’s been a few weeks. Unfortunately, the universe took my promise of prioritizing self-care this month and made it a challenge. As soon as the calendar turned to June, everything went wrong. Hence the radio silence; I had to step away for a bit and let the dust settle. I seem to be doing better, though, so it’s time to get back on the horse. Let’s start by checking in on how we did in May.
- Writing: Second Draft of Kheras- As I thought, May was a little bumpy for work. I did make some progress, including finally hitting my eureka moment on a scene I’d been struggling with for some time.
- Reading: The Masked Empire by Patrick Weekes- Smashed this one. I also read Vicious by V.E. Schwab, which is now in the running for my favorite book of all time. Eagerly awaiting the sequel!
- Bonus Goal: Work Every Day- Didn’t happen. I figured that I’d miss a few days because of Mother’s Day, but I ended up having to take more than I’d intended.
Now, as for the rest of June. Since the first half of the month was basically a bust, I’m only looking at the next two weeks. My main goal is to concentrate on reestablishing good habits. To that end:
- Writing: Second Draft of Kheras- I still have a long way to go in this draft. I intend to do minimum one scene a day, no matter how tired I am.
- Reading: The Kingdom of Gods by NK Jemisin- I’m about a third of the way through already, and this book is already angling to be one of my all-time favorites. It’s just so heartbreaking and beautiful!
- Bonus Goal: Work Every Day- Part of establishing good habits is actually making it a habit. No excuses.