Blessed be, all! I hope the Solstice treated you kindly! The year’s half over now, and, though we’re all sweating under the sun, it’s important to remember that we’ve crested the hill and are rolling down the other side. With that in mind, let’s check on June and then lay out a plan for the rest of the year!
- Writing: Second Draft of Kheras- I have managed to work every day, no matter what, but some scenes did end up taking more than one day just by virtue of the work that needed done.
- Reading: THE KINGDOM OF GODS by NK Jemisin- Oh, my gods, was I ever right about this book. I sobbed so hard. I loved it so much.
- Bonus Goal: Work Every Day- Managed it!
So, to start with, let’s set up a plan for July, and then lay out the rest of the year. For next month:
- Writing: Second Draft of Kheras- Continuing with the slow progress on this draft. Because next month is Camp Nano, I’m tentatively hopeful that I can finish the whole thing. If not, I’d like to at least get 30k further than I am.
- Reading: The Last of the Wine by Mary Renault– A friend recommended this one to me as inspirational reading to go along with my work on Kheras. I’m not far into it, but it’s a big departure from what I’ve been reading lately. We’ll see how it goes!
- Bonus Goal: Work Every Day- No matter what!
As for the rest of the year, here’s what I have in mind!
- Writing: Complete Second Draft of Kheras- Ideally, I’ll have this done by the end of July, end of summer at the latest. If that happens, I’d like to go back to my paranormal history and start edits on the first book, since it has so much that now needs to be changed.
- Reading: TBD- I don’t have a set number of books that I’d still like to tackle this year or an order. I have a few ideas on a TBR list on my desktop that I’ve been picking from as mood strikes me. I know I’d like to read more Jemisin and more VE Schwab (I have one of her books to be reviewed very soon), but I’m not setting a particular date for any of those. I would like to stick to at least one to two books per month. I’m not interested in reading quickly as long as I’m consuming good quality.
- Beta: Three projects on deck – I currently have three things slated to be read for various people in my writing groups. One is a finished novel draft; one is an outline; the last is a novella. I’d like to have all three done by the end of summer, ideally.
- Bonus Goal: Work Every Day- Part of establishing good habits is actually making it a habit. No excuses.